When you find yourself bored at home with nothing to do, it can be really frustrating. You find yourself looking at the clock every few minutes because it feels like time is standing still.
Well, if today is one of those days for you, here are 70 things you can do to pass the time.
Things to do when you are bored
1. Call an old friend- Go through your contact list and call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a very long time. They will be glad to hear from you and you will have a lot to talk about and catch up on.
2. Go for a ride- Have you ever driven around for no reason at all? Get into your car and just drive through town. It can be refreshing as you are not in a hurry to get anywhere and you can go anywhere. A bicycle ride around the block can be great too.
3. Watch a movie- If there’s a movie your friends are always talking about, then may be it’s time you watched it to see why they all love it.
4. Read a book- An interesting read might be all you need to pass the time.
5. Learn a new skill- You are never too old to learn something new. If you are bored at home, use the time to learn a new skill. There are a lot of free online courses to help you learn and develop a skill.
6. Text someone a lyric prank- Pick a song and text the lyrics to someone. Not the full lyrics at once. You start by sending them the first line and when they reply, regardless of what they write, you text the next line.
7. Try a new recipe- You can also use this time to try a new recipe. You can search Pinterest or Youtube for some recipes you can try. The thing is most recipes can be prepared with ingredients you already have at home.
8. Visit a friend- If there’s a friend you haven’t seen in a while, you should visit them.
9. Go for a walk- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood. You might discover new things you didn’t even know were around you. You can listen to some music or a podcast on your walk.
10. Organize your closet- Use this time to organize your closet. Fold the things that need to be folded. Hang the ones that need to be hanged. Put everything clothing piece where they actually have to be.
11. Organize your room- You can also try organizing your room. One thing I personally like to do is rearrange everything in the room. Switch positions and see how things will look.
12. Workout- Time to sweat. Change into your active wear and work up some sweat. You can watch some workout videos and try them.
13. Take a bubble bath- Why not do some self pampering? Draw a bubble bath and get in. You can relax with a glass of wine and a book.
14. Sleep- Sometimes, a good nap might be all you really need. So just sleep. You will rest well and feel better once you wake up.
15. Create a bucket list- What is something you’ve always wanted to do? Create a list with everything you want to do.
16. Write your goals- Write down your goals. Things you want to accomplish. Writing down your goals is the first step in achieving them.
17. Meditate- Meditating can be very relaxing and therapeutic. If you are not sure how to do it, there are lots of tutorials online to guide you.
18. Go for a run or jog- You can also go jogging around the block. You can do so whiles listening to some music.
19. Play dress up- Ever dressed up with nowhere to go? It will be fun, just try it. Go into your closet and dress up. You can try on different outfits and even take some photos.
20. Try makeup- You can also try makeup. Watch a makeup tutorial video and try it. It will help your improve your makeup application skill.
21. Do yoga or pilates- You can also try yoga and pilates. It will help stregthen your muscles and make you feel a lot better.
22. Make a wishlist– What is something you would like to own. Whether you want to buy it for yourself or get it as a gift- write them down.
23. Edit photos– If you take a lot of photos, then you can use this time to edit your photos. You can even try some photoshop edits for fun.
24. Browse the web- There are a lot of new and interesting things to discover on the web. So browse, you may come across a new favourite blog.
25. Paint your nails- You can also paint your nails or try some presson nails.
26. Go swimming- If there’s a pool close by, then go for a swim.
27. Take selfies– Take selfies and post them on either facebook or instagram.
28. Try new hairstyles– If you are always wearing the same hairstyle, then may be it’s time to try new hairstyles. You can fins some tutorials online.
29. Visit your family– If you are not living with your family, then you should visit them.
30. Wash the car– You can also wash your car by yourself. If there is more than one car in the house, you can wash all.
31. Sort computer files– Just as you organize your room, you should also organize your computer.
32. Go shopping- Go buy yourself something.
Take random photos of things
Look through your photo album
Write a poem or a short story
Listen to music
Play with your pet
Play an instrument
Water the plants
Go to a cafe
Colour in a book
Make a bird feeder
Go to the library
Go to the gym
Give yourself a facial
Watch home movies
Try a DIY on Pinterest or Youtube
Fly a kite
Collect the mail
Go for a hike
Put together a puzzle
Build a fort
Visit the zoo
Start a journal
Listen to the radio
Go bird watching
Watch the clouds
Take an online class
Make up a song
Make friendship bracelets
Learn a magic trick
Make a photo journal
Take online quizzes
Play a board game