When it comes to romance in a relationship, women are more interested in it than men. Most men only show their romantic side in the early stages of the relationship and after a while they give it up.
This accounts for majority of the reasons why relationships fail. It’s like having a garden of flowers, you have to water it everyday for the flowers to grow beautifully. After it grows, you don’t stop watering it because the flowers will die and all your efforts from the beginning would be in vain.
But why does the romance stop?
Based on movies we watch especially these telenovelas and hollywood movies, romantic guys are the ones who bring flowers and chocolates to their girlfriends or wives and take them to fancy dinners.
So based on this most men assume this is what every woman wants and at a point it becomes “too much work” for them to do all the time. So they stop it all together. But is this what every woman see as romantic in reality?
The answer is no, every woman is different. What girl A will see as romantic wouldn’t be romantic for girl B. Another factor is that, women always want men to be the romantic ones. But the relationship involves two people so you both have to play your parts when it comes to romance to keep the passion. When it’s one sided, it gets boring.
So, I asked different women who they think a romantic guy is and this is what each of them had to say’
- A guy who makes your heart calm and makes you live your love life dream in reality
- Someone who makes you feel special without you asking. Makes you feel like a princess.
- A guy with a listening ear who does something nice without you asking and learns fast as well.
- Any guy who can’t get a lady off his mind will be romantic.
- If he shows selflessness towards me. Like he puts me first.
- A romantic guy must be someone who cares about you. You should be his priority. He should give you all that you need as a woman.
- Someone who thinks of making plans before you do and surprises you. You know it’s a whole lot. Open doors, cooks, book dinners.
- Someone who does silly things with me and for me. That could include just bus hopping from one place to another. I also like one who buys time out of his busy schedule to do something he wont ordinarily do by himself. Perhaps sit with me to read a book as well. If you plant a kiss on my cheek, forehead or nose, I’m sold.
- If he compliments me genuinely, gets me gifts, a thoughtful person. Spends quality time with me.
- Someone I can speak to freely and someone who understand the meaning or true value of a person or relationship.
- A romantic guy is a man who remembers special occasions, brings flowers, always tells you he loves u,enjoy candle lights and all that.
- A guy who is full of thought, affection and understands the true meaning of love and knows how to treat his woman.
- For me, a romantic guy is one who sends me love songs with cute texts or notes.
How to be a romantic guy
Although every woman has what she sees as romantic, there are some basic things a guy can do to be a romantic guy.
Do something out of the ordinary. Something you don’t usually do. Try and do something she likes just because she likes it. Date nights shouldn’t be just Friday nights or dinner dates. Switch things up.
Be observant and attentive:
Notice the little things. Like when she changes her hair and give her a compliment. Surprise her with something she said she wanted. Like she tells you she’s never watched a particular movie although she would like to. Get that movie and watch it with her.
You don’t always have to wait for her to ask. Do something nice for her without her asking. Help around the house. Take out the trash, load the dishwasher, help with the kids.
The little things:
Send her a text, let her know she’s on your mind. It can be a simple :I miss you. A kiss on the forehead, a hug from the back, butt grabs. All these little things makes the relationship exciting.
Get her something she likes. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Something within your budget. It’s the thought that counts. It can be jewellery or perfume, chocolate or a lollipop. Gifts shouldn’t be just occasions. On an ordinary day, surprise her with something you know she likes.
Like I said earlier, romance shouldn’t be one sided if you want a relationship to grow. So ladies, try doing something romantic for your man.
What are some of the things you find romantic in a partner?
SEE ALSO: DATE IDEAS FOR COUPLES ON A BUDGET 10 FIRST DATE QUESTIONS TO ASK HOW TO PLAN THE PERFECT DATE AT HOME