From running email campaigns to hosting live contests, these digital marketing practices contain actionable methods that will help you reach a newer audience base, acquire new customers, and maintain existing ones.
6 best digital marketing practices to follow
Build customer rapport through email marketing
With the development of technology, marketers now have a wide range of digital marketing tools at their disposal. Yet, email remains one of the top tools used to build genuine relationships with customers. There are so many different types of content, and messaging brands can send to customers to build rapport. Types of such emails include:
- Welcome email – By sending welcome emails to new subscribers, brands can make a good first impression in their eyes. You can include something valuable in the welcome email or share your brand’s story. Further, you also need to reassure them that the future emails you send will benefit them greatly.
- Free offers – Send many free resources or coupon codes, especially if you have acquired a completely new subscriber base.
- Informative emails – Send blog posts, infographics, podcast links, or videos to your subscribers before they go live on your website. This drives website traffic and adds value to your subscribers.
- Exclusive content – Treat your email audience to some exclusive behind-the-scenes content. This can include special discounts or some webinar links.
Use videos or customer testimonials to increase the conversion rate
Testimonials influence the buying psychology of consumers and turn out to be a valuable marketing asset. Whether B2B or B2C, testimonials always directly impact conversion rates. That is because customers rely heavily on social proof before making up their minds to purchase a product.
Currently, video testimonials are trending and having the biggest impact on buyer mindset. Even if your potential customer is not familiar with the person on screen, they may still connect with them since it is a testimonial.
Creating impactful and high-converting video testimonials is easy. Ask your clients or customers the right question and use an online video maker. While producing a video testimonial, forget about your products and services and focus on the value they have delivered to your customers. Here are a few questions you can ask to achieve that:
- What issues were you looking to solve?
- How did you get to know about our brand? And what made you choose us?
- What were the results you noticed after trying out our products and services?
- Why would you recommend us to your friends and family?
That being said, why would you stop at just testimonials? Why not use a video maker to create engaging video content that your audience will love? Videos can showcase your products and services highly creative and grippingly.
Place your videos strategically into your landing pages. For example, you do not have to push video testimonials at the lower end of your homepage because that is the norm. Instead, weave them into your product pages where actual selling is done. As such, you can build trust and push customers to convert.
Repurpose your content
You can leverage existing content by breathing new life into them in simple ways. The first step is to look at your analytics and note down high-performing content. Now check if there is something to update in them. Maybe some facts have changed since you last posted it. By repurposing old content, you can boost your SEO efforts, share on different channels, thus tapping into a newer audience. Here are a few tips for repurposing your existing content:
- Turn popular blog posts into podcasts.
- Change the format of existing content and publish it on a different platform.
- Use statistics and facts to create an infographic.
- Transcribe video content into informative blog posts.
- Repurpose blogs into a webinar.
- Convert blog posts into an e-book or whitepaper, which you can later use as a lead magnet.
Run contests to drive audience engagement
Giveaways and online contests are low-cost tools to gain marketing exposure. The idea behind their success is that who does not love free stuff online? Giving away freebies such as sample products, coupon codes, and merchandise can help you increase audience engagements. Note down these tips to run a successful online contest:
- Define your audience – You need a highly-targeted audience and not just some random contest entrants out there for free products. Defining an audience brings you a target base that is genuinely interested in your products and service and will remain so even after the contest has ended.
- Set a contest prize – Your ideal prize should excite your audience and, at the same time, be related to the products and services you are promoting.
- Select the right contest type – You need to answer two questions to find the right contest type. Which platform is your audience most active on, and which type of content do they engage with the most?
- Promote the contest – Maximize engagement by promoting your contest across different social media channels.
Host live interviews
Live streaming is the next big trend in social media, and you have to incorporate it into your marketing strategy. The best way to do this is by inviting a guest speaker like a professional figure in your niche or a loyal customer and live stream their experience. A few tips for running successful live interviews:
- Broadly promote the live stream before the broadcast happens.
- While the video is streaming, do not cut off the audience. Let your guest speaker interact and engage with them.
- Allow your audience to give you feedback to improve your future live interviews.
Listen to customer feedback via surveys
Businesses can gain actionable insights via consumer surveys and optimize their products and services better. But you have to ask the right questions to do that. Here are some best practices to conduct the most effective surveys.
- Avoid industry jargon and keep the language simple and clear.
- Avoid personal bias and keep the questions as objective as possible. For example, instead of “Did our support team solve your problem well?” you can ask, “Did we solve your problem?”.
- Avoid throwing double-barreled questions. Focus on one thing at a time.
As seen above, you can use a wide range of tactics to drive business growth. However, you do not have to integrate as many techniques as possible. The key is to find the ones that bring you the best results and the ones you can execute efficiently.